Gettin Hitched

Gettin Hitched

Monday, September 6, 2010

Boise life has begun


School has officially started and we are both feeling the changes. Since the last post we have vacationed to Martha's Vineyard with the generous Smith family, moved into my brother's home (sadly not our own quite yet), Challis has started at BSU, and I've survived my first full week with 40 kindergarteners. To say the least it has been busy.


Our trip to "The Vineyard" was filled with trips to the beach, boat and yacht rides, eating at fancy fancy restaurants (some equipped with CIA scoping things out for President Obama's soon-to-be vacation), wearing all white to be allowed at the club's tennis court, and chasing two children around. After having five days filled to the limit and spending each night in bed's positioned like the ones in "I Love Lucy" we were ready for a break back home.



Some of our favorite things to do since we moved to Boise are:
  • Saturday morning farmer's markets (they are huge here and have the best treats)
  • Floating down the Boise river
  • The cheap theater- it really is cheap here
  • Bike riding- well I ride a bike and Challis rides a longboard holding on to the bike
  • Spending time with Burt and his cute girls!
  • All the shopping and eating choices
  • Exporing a new city together
  • Setting up my new classroom (this probably wasn't one of Challis' favorite things but he was a big help)

Well that about does it for now. Challis spends large amount of time studying and I am just trying to keep my head above water with school. I have a great and cute group of kindergarteners that I'm already attached to. I'm excited for the time when I feel more comfortable and don't have to spend 10 hour days there, but until then I'm excited for the adventure. Hope all is well with everyone else!

p.s. I attempted to upload photos but failed miserably. Brit or Lacy should probably fill me in on the wonders of blog uploading that are lost on me.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm probably no help since I just murdered my own blog... I really do with Blogger was more user friendly. Maybe Lacy can help us both?

    I'm glad you're enjoying Boise, but miss your face terribly. The girls miss you too. In fact, they cry for you every night.

    ReplyDelete